BENTONG, — The Republic of Mozambique and South Africa have agreed to allow Malaysia to use their waters to continue the search for the vanished Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370 jetliner.

Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the Malaysian Government, however, was still waiting for more debris to be found before despatching a search team there.

“At the moment, we do not have to send our team there because the teams from both countries will assist us to find (the Boeing 777-200ER aircraft) and they will inform us if more debris have been found,” he said.

Liow was speaking to reporters after officiating the Academic Excellent Awards 2015 and the launch of the Anti-Drug Week School Level at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Chemomoi here today.

The minister admitted that two fragments recently discovered in Mozambique almost certainly belonged to Flight MH370, as stated by the Australian Infrastructure and Transport Minister Darren Chester yesterday.

“The team of experts still could not confirm but most likely, they (fragments) were from Flight MH370 as the mold and prints were similar to that of a MAS jetliner.

“Each airline has its own way when it comes to prints and the only MAS aircraft which went missing was MH370. This was a rather high probability as the debris showed that it came from a Boeing 777 aircraft.

“This is not like flaperon which can be immediately verified upon because flaperon has serial numbers. The debris that were found did not have serial numbers,” said Liow.

He added the discovery of the two fragments strongly supported the theory that the flight path of the jetliner could have ended in the southern Indian Ocean, as it involved strong tides with an area of 120,000 square kilometres.

He said if more debris to be found, it would help the team to analyse, solve the mystery and and shed some light as to how the MH370 flight crashed whether the landing took place suddenly, slowly or with explosion.

“I hope this discovery will bring closure to what had happened.”

Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, disappeared from the radar during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.